Yes, I’m still alive! After a long and luxurious summer of trips all around New England and Quebec, I’m finally back. I do have to admit, the past couple months have been some for the books…but I’ll save that for another time!
Let’s cut the chit chat and get to the current obsessions, shall we?
- Milani Make It Last setting spray + Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
- I don’t know if it’s due to one of these products or a combination of both, but this combo keeps my face snatched for a full work day; coming from someone with very oily skin who is used to makeup breaking down over the day and disappearing from her T-zone…this means a lot!
- Lush Karma Komba shampoo bar
- After obsessing over Jumping Juniper and Montalbano, I nabbed Karma Komba and am very impressed in its smell and also its detangling properties!
- Benefit Cheek Parade
- I bought this cheek palette when it first hit the shelves of Sephora and have not gone a day without using it since! Any palette of blushes and bronzers gives you a true bang for your buck, and this is no exception. Fans of Hoola will love the addition of the classic Hoola bronzer as well as the new Hoola Lite. The three blushes are great for everyday looks featuring a peach, a baby pink, and a mauve shimmer.
- Kristin Ess: The One Signature Shampoo
- I’m not even going to lie, this shampoo got me because of the packaging. I get it; I’m a millennial who’s a sucker for the minimal aesthetic. However, this product won me over with its deep cleansing properties and its low price point of $10!
- Instant jjajang noodles (thank u jesus)
- Okay this stuff right here is a blessing. Imagine instant ramen and Korean jjajangmyun (delicious black bean sauced noodles) had a child. This is it. It’s quick, it’s delicious, it’s a perfect late night – or anytime – food whether you’re in a pinch or just really craving some jjajangmyun!
- Reese’s Crunchers
- The only thing that needs to be said about this candy is that you need it. Go to Walmart, Target, or any drug store and buy the biggest bag of it. You’ll thank me.
- THIS dip + apples/strawberries/cinnamon-sugar pita chips
- It’s literally cool whip + 1 baby strawberry yogurt. So, you have no excuse not to make it.
- Shane & Friends podcast
- Shane Dawson is not who 2008 YouTube viewers remember him as; he has evolved, for the better, into a self-deprecating and unapologetic vlogger and podcast host. Him and his co-hosts welcome an array of weekly guests from Farrah Abraham to Lizzie Velasquez and everywhere in between. This podcast is perfect in the background of my morning routine or morning commute! (It’s available on SoundCloud as well as the Podcast app)
- A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi)
- For those looking for a good romantic drama in the form of an anime movie, look no further – especially if you’re in the mood for a good cry. A Silent Voice can be found in full and subtitled on YouTube and I highly suggest saving it in your Watch Later playlist for later viewing!
- This Korean-translated-English webcomic is hilarious, dramatic, and a little bit of everything else. Follow Daniel Park as he lives between two bodies: one handsome and idol-esque body and his original chubby and unattractive form. Since I convince myself I have no time to read an actual book, a webcomic is the perfect solution! This comic can be accessed through the WEBTOON app.
That’s all I’ve got for now! Check back soon for new Storytime Saturdays and life updates!